Must be available to work in the NYC office 1-3 days a week.
To safeguard the current and future economic value of dentsu across the Group, by identifying risks within business processes and examining and evaluating the adequacy of controls to mitigate those risks, including J-SOX controls evaluation and testing, internal audit reviews, risk management activities and development of policies and procedures. In year one the role will have a strong focus on J-SOX compliance.
* Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic direction and values of the dentsu Risk and Audit department (including IA Strategy, IA Charter, Ways of Working, Team values) ensuring that the activities executed, and behaviours exhibited are in line with the department and company.
* Perform J-SOX testing and review in line with the JSOX Ways of Working document and denstu instructions, including documenting, evaluating, and testing internal controls and collaborating with management to determine practicable remediation plans for deficiencies identified.
* Supervise and work alongside Big 4 co-source provider staff, external consultants, and guest auditors as appropriate during J-SOX work and audit projects.
* Lead internal audit projects in line with departmental and other appropriate (e.g., IA methodology, IIA standards) from planning through to completion, performing risk assessment planning procedures and audit test procedures.
* Ensure that all appropriate documents are produced to the high-quality standard and retained on Riskonnect.
* Identify key findings, draft audit reports, and prepare appropriate recommendations for management. Assist with special projects and J-SOX/ audit administration.
* Work with the Risk & Audit line manager to maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders (e.g., Regional & Market Finance Directors) to help ensure the audit work carried out adequately addresses the key risks in the Group.
* Work with the business to facilitate improvements in the controls environment to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
* Ensure reported actions agreed with management are followed-up to establish whether they have been carried out to an acceptable level.
* Assist with the preparation of Management and Audit Committee reporting as appropriate.
* Collaboratively work with other members of the global Risk & Audit team to ensure audit work and other projects undertaken throughout the Group provides appropriate assurance
* Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Good relationship management capability, including dealing confidently with senior management.
* Enthusiastic, curious, confident and a team player.
* Flexible and positive approach to work, with the ability to travel.
* Able to pay attention to detail whilst combining with the ability to see the 'big picture.'
* Organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Handles difficult situations with diplomacy and tact and uses indirect influence to build consensus and support.
* Exhibits adaptability, positive attitude, high energy and flexibility in approach and work style to changing demands and circumstances.
* Cultivate positive relations with business leaders and auditees, balancing diplomacy with assertiveness.
* Ability to conduct remote work efficiently and effectively until travel (domestic and international) resumes.
* At least 5 years previous internal audit experience (financial & operational) in a Big 4 or global enterprise, although candidates with a strong industry and financial background may be considered.
* Experience in SOX or J-SOX assessments essential.
* Experience in Risk Management, Data Analytics.
* Additional languages skills (Spanish, Portuguese) are a plus.
* Strong cultural awareness, with experience of working across the EMEA / America's region Desired qualifications.
* Knowledge of IT application and general computer controls a plus.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.