The Academic Office Coordinator plays an important role by providing support to the Elementary and Middle School Directors by aiding in clerical tasks such as student scheduling, maintaining attendance records, developing materials for events such as back to school night and admissions mornings, creating graphics for special announcements, maintaining calendars and disseminating special schedules, coordinating students’ applications to high school, and interfacing with parents, faculty, and students.
The Academic Office Coordinator will promote a productive work environment, while ensuring that our administrators, faculty, staff, parents, students, and visitors get the support they need. The ideal candidate for this position is an organized, detail-oriented individual who is able to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will encourage a respectful, joyous, and efficient workplace that serves and supports the effective functioning of the entire school. This person is extremely flexible, capable of multi-tasking and filtering interruptions while also deadline-driven, and professional with a strong work ethic and a background in office work.
Successful candidates will be collaborative thinkers, detail and process-oriented, demonstrate effective written and oral communication, possess strong analytical skills, and work well independently and as part of a team.
Provide support to our Elementary and Middle School Directors in day-to-day office tasks such as:
- Answering and transferring phone calls, taking and delivering messages
- Maintaining files/records and completing requests for transcripts
- Assist in school calendars and meeting scheduling, including receiving requests, adding dates, communicating changes, coordinating, checking for conflicts, maintaining accuracy, etc
- Completing clerical tasks, such as preparing/sending/sorting mail or making copies
- Processing attendance and making updates throughout the day, including communicating with school security regarding late arrivals and early dismissals
- Organizing transcripts and recommendations for students’ applications to high school.
- Maintain inventory of school materials and requests, keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed
- Ordering and organizing classroom supplies, tests, reading materials, packets etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrative Team.
High energy and a passion for Heschel’s mission, appreciation of the daily life of a school environment, and high level of support for the activities of the school.
Outstanding customer service to staff, parents, students, and visitors, and values collegiality with administrators, faculty, and staff.
Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail and innovative problem-solving.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to assist in development of a variety of written communications.
Ability to work both independently without close oversight and also as a team player who will productively engage with others within and outside of Heschel.
Ability to handle several complex projects simultaneously, and experience completing projects and assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress, problem-solving, integrating feedback, and making adjustments to the plan.
Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality in execution of duties.
Advanced digital skills Microsoft Office Suit and Google Suite. Proficiency with various web applications. Proficiency with Blackbaud desired, but not required.
This is a part-time, 30 hour/week, 12-month, non-exempt position with some evening and weekend work. The expected daily schedule is 7:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. during the school year.
This position reports to the Elementary and Middle School Directors.
Heschel offers competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a collegial working environment. Pay will be based on experience.