Location: Maple Grove, Minnesota (Eligible for hybrid schedule)
More than power, we're about people. At Great River Energy (GRE), people are our first priority--both customers and employees. Here, you will find a team-centered environment that's rewarding, challenging, and exciting. As a cooperative-owned generation and transmission company, we are Minnesota's second largest utility based on generating capacity.
We are currently looking for a Director, Engineering & Technology who will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for engineering and technology in direct support of the Great River Energy’s transmission system to assure reliable, responsive, and low-cost energy delivery to its’ members.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Leading and directing the Engineering & Technology group and initiatives to support responsiveness and ensure continued reliability in a safe and efficient manner. The Engineering & Technology group includes: Substation Engineering, Transmission Line Engineering & Survey, GIS, UAS, LIDAR, Infrared testing and other associated technological services.
· Providing vision and strategy for accommodating member growth and other agreed upon services, while maintaining system reliability as translated into critically needed capital construction projects to balance rate, reliability, and responsiveness.
· Developing and maintaining a business plan that provides for adequate resources to accomplish transmission division objectives supporting design, technical services, survey, GIS, and associated subject matter expertise for capital project, operations & maintenance, regulatory and associated broader transmission owner commitments to ensure continued success of GRE and our member-owners.
· Setting and communicating goals for the Engineering & Technology group in support of GRE’s strategic imperatives and the Transmission Division’s strategic imperatives.
· Leading, coaching, and providing work direction to employees to maximize productivity and teamwork.
· Interfacing and being the point of contact for member cooperatives to assure GRE Transmission continues to support design and technology essential for successful implementation of critical capital projects.
· A bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related technical field is required.
· Master’s degree is preferred.
· Minimum of 10 years’ of relevant experience.
· 5+ years of formal leadership experience is required.
· Professional engineering licensure (PE) in the state of Minnesota is required.
· Please note: A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge may be considered.
· Knowledge of the role of transmission in an open access environment.
· Knowledge of Federal and State laws/regulations that govern generation and transmission facilities.
· Knowledge of electric utility industry, governing agencies and principals, financing, engineering, project and asset management.
· Knowledge of national and regional interrelationships and influences as related to power delivery in electric utility industry.
· Skill to create and implement plans aligned with the division’s strategic vision.
Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, an on-site workout facility, generous retirement plan, along with many more benefits. Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the Careers tab by September 26, 2022
GRE values diversity, equity, and inclusion and we are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Powering what’s possible Great River Energy is a not-for-profit electricity provider owned by our 28 distribution cooperatives in Minnesota and Wisconsin for which we generate and transmit electricity. We provide wholesale electric service to our member owners who distribute electricity to approximately 660,000 member consumers - or about 1.7 million people. A diverse mix of generation resources - Our power plants generate more than 2,800 megawatts of electricity and several solar arrays capable of producing 650 kilowatts. In addition, we purchase wind and hydroelectric energy.Your electricity is delivered through power lines to you. Every time you plug in your toaster, television or other electrical device, a system of power lines goes to work to bring you the power you need. Our job at Great River Energy is to keep the lights on by providing a safe & reliable supply of electricity.