We are Farmers!
We are… more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn’t just our business – it’s our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
This is a fully remote - work from home position!
Essential Job Functions
- While gaining full mastery of the claims adjusting process and under close supervision, this role investigates and confirms coverage for basic coverage claims and low to moderate complex liability claims including claims where coverage is reportedly clear and new business investigations.
- Completes assigned training and activities to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities required to complete the job duties.
- Makes same day contact with customers based on the needs of the claim.
- Explains the claims process to all customers and applicable coverage benefits to the policyholder.
- Confirms facts of loss and determines vehicle location and if drivable.
- Offers vehicle repair and rental service options to customers.
- Coordinates auto physical damage estimate through proper method of inspection and arranges for release of vehicles accruing storage fees.
- Maintains ownership of the claim. Serves as the primary point of contact through resolution of all exposures.
- Communicates and collaborates with other claim specialists to facilitate claim resolution for customers.
- With oversight and support, makes determinations including but not limited to whether the policy is in force for the date of loss, the driver is an insured on the policy, the vehicle is a covered auto, any exclusions or endorsements apply to the loss, and what coverages on the policy apply to the loss.
- Communicates policy risk issues discovered during investigation to Underwriting to facilitate their evaluation of the policy risk and exposure.
- Escalates issues discovered or claims with exposures exceeding financial authority to Supervisor. Investigates and recognizes all potential claim exposures.
- Resolves auto physical damage claims accurately. Secures estimate of damages timely through appropriate repair channel.
- Reviews, writes and adjusts auto physical damage estimates for drivable and/or repairable vehicles with minor to moderate damages.
- Issues and authorizes claim payments to customers and repair facilities. Explains repair process and estimate to customers.
- Follows standardized procedures and practices to investigate and determines liability for claims with low to moderate complexity liability issues including single vehicle losses, parked vehicle and multi vehicle rear end losses. Completes investigation by securing statements of the drivers, police report, vehicle photos and estimates.
- Analyzes duties owed and breached by all potential responsible parties and determine liability percentage for each party.
- Communicates liability decision to customers, claim specialists, and Underwriting.
- Recognizes subrogation potential and makes referrals to Subrogation department when appropriate.
- Manages rental claims through communication with customers, repair facilities, rental vendors, and claim specialists .
- Manages and mitigates storage costs. Coordinates and collaborates with auto physical damage and total loss specialists to facilitate claim resolution for customers.
- Maintains active diary and resolution plan on open files.
- Handles and documents files in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for making sure appropriate and professional correspondence is sent to customers including claim status updates.
- Prior general work experience preferred.
- Utilizing digital technology to channel and settle auto claim losses
- Must have strong organizational and desk management skills
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location
- CO Only: The pay range for this job being performed in CO would be ($46,560-$61,900K)
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- For more information, review “What we offer” on https://www.farmers.com/careers/
Job Location(s): US - KS - Remote, US - AZ - Remote, US - ID - Remote, US - UT - Remote, US - WA - Remote, US - CO - Remote, US - MT - Remote, US - NM - Remote, US - NV - Remote, US - OR - Remote