Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers. We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
The goal the Enterprise Change Management (ECM) Team is to achieve business outcomes and minimize potential performance impacts through managing and facilitating change. This is achieved through:
* Applying a structured approach and methodology
* Creating conditions and opportunities for change
* Minimizing performance decline during transition Members of the ECM Team work on projects that range from department-specific initiatives to enterprise-wide changes impacting significant numbers of employees in diverse roles.
As a Change Management Specialist, you will lead the development and execution of the following deliverables for highly complex and high impact projects. You will also review and approve these deliverables for other projects, manage direct reports and perform departmental functions, such as work planning and resource management.
Change Management Approach and Tactics
Change Leadership (alignment and coaching)
Stakeholder Impact Assessment
Stakeholder Engagement and Facilitation
Communications (project related written and oral communications)
Training Programs (Design and Delivery)
More specifically, as a Change Management Specialist, you will:
* Lead a portfolio of complex change management programs and projects and regularly provide progress reports, strategy updates and present implementation plans with supporting metrics to Project Directors, Steering Committees and Executive Sponsors.
* Conduct current and future needs assessment and analysis and respond to highly confidential, sensitive queries on complex, unique and broad scope issues covering a full range of disciplines across the organization including HR, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations, Customer and corporate roles.
* Act as a program manager for multiple projects with cross-functional and cross-organizational scope that require you to use significant judgment and initiative in order to resolve complex and diverse issues across multiple stakeholder groups ensuring that change programs meet end user needs and realize the intended benefits.
* Lead Change Management discussions at Steering Committee meetings and leadership tables, defining risk and establishing appropriate mitigation plans.
* Manage, lead and influence cross-functional teams (comprising of direct and matrixed employees, consultants and sub-contractors) to ensure business continuity and the successful implementation of complex change.
* Act as a specialist with extensive knowledge in change management best practices, models, standards, policies, practices and procedures. Coach project teams on best practices for deployment and sustainment to achieve benefits realization.
* As the Change Management Lead for multiple projects, set standards and ensure that change activities delivered by other change management professionals, consultants and sub-contractors meet business needs, mitigate negative impacts of change and support the realization of benefits.
* Coach leaders across the organization and build consistent change leadership capability and capacity at all levels.
* Be known as a technical leader/expert for change management and change leadership development cross functions/business units and externally.
* Provide regular mentoring and development of other change management professionals.
* This is for 3 Full-Time Regular (FTR) P4 opportunities on the team headquartered at Dunsmuir (Vancouver) and will be posted internally and externally.
* This role may require infrequent travel.
* As part of the selection process, applicants may be required to take a written test/assessment or do a presentation.
* This role will support complex technology implementations – experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems (such as SAP) would be considered an asset.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work.
Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com .
All BC Hydro employees will be required to show proof of full Covid-19 vaccination.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer.
All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week
* Graduate qualification in Change Management/ Organizational Development, Business Administration (or a bachelor’s degree with comparable work experience) combined with professional certification in Change Management (i.e. PROSCI, CCMP).
* A minimum 10 years experience in designing and implementing innovative change programs, preferably with multiple internal and external stakeholders in a complex, unionized environment coupled with project management and/or other relevant business experience.
* An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
* Experience working in large and complex environments with a track record of successfully delivering IT Systems, business process re-engineering and organizational change programs. This includes working with formal project teams under a structured project methodology (i.e. defined project roles and resources with required deliverables).
* Excellent assessment, analysis and synthesis skills with the ability to customize change management interventions to meet a variety of stakeholder’s needs and ensure the successful adoption of complex/high impact, multi-year change programs
*Proven experience managing, leading, mentoring and developing change professionals, including building a talent pipeline, establishing standards and quality management processes and building change leadership competencies for a complex, multi-faceted organization.
* Detailed business knowledge of BC Hydro (or a similar public utility) including operational knowledge or experience (business processes, safety plans, compliance programs and systems) would be an asset.
* Significant experience building collaborative relationships across the organization, liaising with multiple stakeholders to negotiate, meditate and resolve issues. This includes developing and gaining endorsement from senior leaders for change management plans, tactical activities, resource models and performance metrics.
*Highly developed and proven skills in written communications, analysis, planning and facilitation.
* Strong skills with the following IT applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and virtual collaboration tools, such as MS Teams. Additional multimedia skills would be considered an asset.
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.It’s our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.