Chief Operating Engineer
Job Description Summary
Chief Engineer is responsible for the effective daily leadership of his/her staff, managing the engineering program to the highest level of
quality work and customer service as well as the administration of the engineering department in alignment with the management team, the
C&W engineering platform, and client expectations. The Chief Engineer will perform at the highest of ethical standards, reflecting the core
values of C&W as defined in its Business Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures Manual, and other related company policies.
Responsible to plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management,
and manpower development programs for assigned properties. The Chief Engineer may be required to perform limited hands on operational
duties and is not precluded from performing Watch Activity
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervise engineers and maintenance staff including hiring, training, personnel development, etc.
* Ensure performance management, coaching, and development of team members through established HR processes and disciplinary
* Participate and coordinate annual scheduling and execution of the C&W Safety Program as directed by Asset Services/GOS, Engineering
Leadership, EH&S Administration, and so forth. Responsible for 100% Compliance at his/her site.
* Manage operational accounts for building, including variance reporting, as required and assist in development of operating and capital
* Utility Management such as tracking use, consumption, cost, reporting, comparison models, sub-metering, budgeting, variances as directed
by Management and/or Leadership.
* Conduct regular inspections of building systems and equipment; identify and resolve issues.
* Assist in maintenance/engineering issues as required
* Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an ongoing basis.
* Develop, implement, and maintain an effective preventive and predictive maintenance program for task scheduling, routines, and
performance. Program to include procedures for annual, semi-annual, quarterly, monthly and other scheduled maintenance as provided by
the manufacturer's recommendations and/or industry best practices.
* Develop and maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals and train building personnel
* Coordinate development of and/or maintain an Operations Document Library, including but not limited to construction plans, structural
plans, as-built drawings, MEP schedules, line diagrams and schematics, equipment and operation manuals, start up and commissioning documents, and equipment warranties.
* Formulate and conduct building-related systems and equipment training.
* Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel, and engineers.
* Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical issues; must remain current with latest HVAC
* Maintain ongoing communication with tenants, clients, property management, and vendors
* Develop specifications and assist in solicitation, administration, execution and performance of maintenance/ repair service contracts.
* May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts
* Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns
* Implement and administer inventory control programs, purchase parts and supplies.
* Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency, and company directives as relates to building operations.
* Support the Property or Facility Manager with rehabilitation projects such as replacement of HVAC systems, installation of new roofs,
plumbing repairs and alterations to other Building Systems. Support Property or Facility Manager on all items listed below (1-10):
* Prepare and present feasibility studies.
* Prepare budget estimates.
* Prepare schedule and manage its progress.
* Prepare contract documents reflecting scope of work.
* Manage the bidding process.
* Prepare and expedite approval of all internal control documents
* Monitor the construction process to assure compliance with contract documents.
* Coordinate all work with user and Internal Support Groups.
* Maintain complete project files recording progress, approvals, financial data and contracts
* Perform final inspections, punch list exceptions, and expedite corrective action
Duties are inclusive of approximately 50% operating engineer responsibilities;
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may require shift work and/or on-call or stand-by duties
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.