Position: Grade 4 Maternity Leave Replacement Teacher
Founded in 1888, The Baldwin School is a non-sectarian college preparatory, independent day school, PK-12, dedicated to a tradition of excellence in all-girls education. In a nurturing atmosphere that reflects socioeconomic, ethnic and religious diversity, our girls strive to develop scholarship, leadership and citizenship within a community that emphasizes intellectual rigor, ethical integrity, and independence of thought. More information is available on our website www.baldwinschool.org.
The Baldwin School seeks applicants for the position of Grade 4 Maternity Leave Replacement Teacher from April to June 2023, with responsibility for grade level classroom duties as well as core instruction in Mathematics, Reading/Language Arts, and Social Studies. The successful candidate will possess excellent content knowledge; a love of working with students and creating a joyful learning environment; a high level of energy and flexibility; a reflective and growth-oriented mindset; and a sense of humor.
- Continue nurturing a warm, inclusive and supportive classroom culture where children have high expectations for themselves and for others, are self-motivated and self-directed, and value and love learning.
- Collaborate with grade level partner and specials teachers to ensure continuity in the curriculum and provide a cohesive learning environment for all students.
- Use Singapore Math and Journeys ELA programs as the foundational tools to provide whole group, small group and individual instruction.
- Differentiate instruction and materials to meet the diverse academic, social and emotional needs of learners in the classroom.
- Assume responsibility for instructional planning, implementation, and assessment of the curriculum, including research and writing skills and public speaking for the "Grade 4 Museum Showcase" unit.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue with parents about student progress through emails, phone calls, and end of year progress reports that reflect both an assessment with clear benchmarks and narrative pieces.
- Maintain strong communication with colleagues, families, and administration.
- Regularly update a digital classroom page, using the Canvas learning management system, as a primary means of communicating classroom activities to families.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and course work in Elementary Education or related field.
- 3-5 years teaching experience.
- Experience with Singapore Math and Responsive Classroom preferred.
- Experience integrating technology into teaching practice to support learning and deepen projects (Google applications, MacBooks, Promethean Board, etc.)
- A commitment to creating an inclusive classroom community and to working actively to introduce students to diverse cultures, experiences, and perspectives.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://baldwinschool.isolvedhire.com/jobs/832786-264222.html