Job Description Summary
Maintain the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, and perform a variety of tenant
services while maintaining positive tenant relations in accordance with the customers established operational and safety
* Perform and/or oversee the day-to-day efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building and site systems for assigned properties. Building systems include but are not limited to HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, water treatment, hardware, keying and fire protection.
* Perform, assist in or oversee the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repair or maintenance of complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
* Receive work assignments, plan and/or generate work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
* Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists.
* Complete weekly water treatment and testing, review weekly water treatment reports for deficiencies
* Assist more skilled employees with the completion of their mechanical work to learn new skills
* Provide proper care to the assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms. Keep the shop, penthouse equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe.
* Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs. Coordinate, conduct and/or provide support in the day-to-day completion, organization and accuracy of preventive maintenance and loss control.
* Daily check of the BMS and site energy monitoring platform to confirm the building is running as efficiently as possible
* Accurately complete tenant requests, repair work and related records for the respective site/buildings as required. Follow applicable government / local authority requirements (e.g. Orders of Condition) and other records for assigned properties.
* Regularly inspect all areas of the site/building(s) and report deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvements and take initiative to correct as appropriate.
* Employ service procedures and techniques in accordance with established procedures.
* Maintain logs on daily activities and events as required. * Provide technical support and assist in the training and upgrading of skills of less experienced staff.
* Effectively communicate to the appropriate party/parties the status and activity of building operations and conditions and promptly report any potential or existing problems.
* Available for various shifts, to fill in for other staff, and to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs as needed. Respond to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including but not limited to snow and ice removal) power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities per on-call procedures or as requested in critical situations.
* Promote and maintain a high standard in the operation of the properties. Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via proactive communication, routine follow-up and a high level of customer service. * Other duties as assigned
* Assist in the monitoring and implementation of OSHA requirements.
* May procure vendor/contract prices for mechanical parts, equipment and tools.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* High School diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
* A minimum of 2 to 4 years as a Maintenance Technician / Building Engineer or equivalent field experience required including working knowledge of commercial office building systems.
* Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC and other technologies relating to building engineering and/or equivalent job related training and experience.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a fast paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects.
* Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently and effectively set priorities.
* Working knowledge of OSHA, NFPA and Life Safety codes and regulations preferred.
* Ability to participate in on-call schedule for after hour calls required. This may include working alternative schedules during oncall period (e.g. 7:00am - 3:30pm or 12:00pm - 8:30pm, etc.)
* Basic skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communications.
* Ability to effectively communicate in writing as needed.
* Working knowledge of web based work order systems, such as Angus, Interwise, Energy Link or similar required.
* Demonstrate exemplary tenant relations. Project a positive appearance and attitude at all times.
* Flexibility to work at various properties that may be assigned from time to time.
* Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools, including but not limited to, a snow blower.
* Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record when required.
* License(s) for applicable jurisdiction and equipment as required based on location:
# Refrigeration Trainee's License
# CFC certification for the type of equipment serviced (Universal Certification preferred)
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
* Regular use of various machinery and tools, including but not limited to, a snow blower.
* Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
* Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
* Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
* Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
* Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
* Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.
* May require the ability to operate a vehicle (i.e. truck, van, utility cart, etc.) or small tractor.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.