The Senior Enterprise Risk Manager is responsible for creating a high-performance Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and safety culture. The role will require aligning business objectives and risk mitigating strategies with management in all departments. This position coordinates efforts to identify, measure, mitigate, and monitor risks that could impact department and enterprise objectives. Provides leadership and best-in-class enterprise risk management structure that encompasses our purpose and embraces the values of our company. Builds strong partnerships with risk owners to develop effective risk controls and partner to test those controls. This role will also perform inspections and make recommendations to improve team member and facility safety.
The Senior Enterprise Risk Manager will help Portillo’s deliver our Purpose to create lifelong memories by igniting the senses with unrivaled food and experiences by:
Family: Work together to make everyone feel at home, and we step up when someone needs help
- Design and lead a lean risk management organizational structure – including clear definition of roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities for aggregating, evaluating, and reporting of key business risks.
- Assist and advise ERM Committee members to understand risk appetite and develop risk control requirements.
- Ensure alignment of strategic and business practices with risk assessment and action plans.
- Lead facilitated sessions with business leaders to educate and drive this initiative throughout Portillo’s.
- Assist in response to OSHA complaints and investigations.
- Communicate clearly by listening to others and the team, share information concisely with purpose, and be open to opinions.
- Build relationships by establishing connections with others to build trust, share ideas, and accomplish work.
- Develop People by helping others become more effective through strengths, expectations, encouragement, and coaching.
Greatness: We’re obsessed with being the best and work hard to continuously improve. Our greatness is rooted in Quality, Service, Attitude and Cleanliness
- Develop and implement a formal ERM strategy and methodology to identify, measure, mitigate and monitor risks that could impact department or enterprise objectives.
- Assist in development of ERM governance, including policies and procedures.
- Manage ERM reporting.
- Develop and maintain a business continuity and disaster recovery plan (BCDR); review, revise and expand existing plans and protocols; align on roles and responsibilities within the organization.
- Oversees Portillo’s safety program. Conduct on-site safety visits to restaurants and commissaries.
- Coordinate loss control and loss reduction initiatives to reduce frequency and severity of losses.
- Lead change by recognizing that change is essential, set goals for change, and lead purposeful adaptations to work that align with the companies stated vision.
- Create accountability by holding self and others responsible for performance.
Energy: We move with urgency and passion, while maintaining attention to detail
- Establish tracking and reporting mechanisms and dashboards to measure mitigation effectiveness and progress.
- Conduct, at minimum, annual risk assessments; collaborate with internal audit on approach and communication of outcome to management and audit committee.
- Act as coordinator for continuity efforts after a disaster.
- Develop and ensure implementation of safety training and procedures for team members and managers.
- Inspire others through vision, confidence, and team member recognition.
Fun: We entertain our guests, we connect authentically, and we make each other smile
- Enhance overall awareness and understanding of risk. Define and implement a common risk language.
- Build strong relationships between Risk, Legal, Internal Audit, Training, Strategy and Operations teams.
- Other work or projects as assigned.