Location: Maple Grove, Minnesota (Eligible for hybrid schedule)
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
More than power, we're about people. At Great River Energy (GRE), people are our first priority--both customers and employees. Here, you will find a team-centered environment that's rewarding, challenging, and exciting. As a cooperative-owned generation and transmission company, we are Minnesota's second largest utility based on generating capacity.
We are currently looking for a Drafter and/or Designer (Substation Engineering Technician) who will be responsible for providing design and technical support for Substation Physical projects. This includes physical design, drafting and development of construction issue packages, standards development and record drawing management.
Job responsibilities include:
· Supporting the design of Substation Physical projects by using AutoCAD.
· Performing design duties as assigned for substation construction projects to ensure accuracy by using GRE and NESC (National Electric Safety Code) standards and specifications for projects.
· Updating Maximo, Adept, and Primavera with project related data.
· Leading or participating on cross-functional teams that are responsible for developing and updating internal GRE design standards and equipment specifications in order to ensure consistent, high quality designs.
To qualify, you will typically have:
· A two year technical degree (such as drafting, electricity, electronics, or architecture) and typically 2-6+ years of utility industry experience within area of specialty OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field, and 2-6+ years of design or utility industry experience in a related technical (non-engineering) field.
· 2-6+ years of experience with drafting substation physical drawings highly preferred.
· Knowledgeable of utility, environmental, and safety codes and standards.
· Knowledgeable of engineering principles within specialty.
· Demonstrated skill in using industry-and job-related software, including AutoCAD, highly preferred.
· Ability to collect and analyze field data with minimal assistance from others.
· Ability to design drawings for review by engineers.
· Strong project management, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
· Ability to identify and distinguish colors is required.
Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, an on-site workout facility, generous retirement plan, along with many more benefits. Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the Careers tab by March 31, 2023.
GRE values diversity, equity, and inclusion and we are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Powering what’s possible Great River Energy is a not-for-profit electricity provider owned by our 28 distribution cooperatives in Minnesota and Wisconsin for which we generate and transmit electricity. We provide wholesale electric service to our member owners who distribute electricity to approximately 660,000 member consumers - or about 1.7 million people. A diverse mix of generation resources - Our power plants generate more than 2,800 megawatts of electricity and several solar arrays capable of producing 650 kilowatts. In addition, we purchase wind and hydroelectric energy.Your electricity is delivered through power lines to you. Every time you plug in your toaster, television or other electrical device, a system of power lines goes to work to bring you the power you need. Our job at Great River Energy is to keep the lights on by providing a safe & reliable supply of electricity.