Job Description Summary
Primary Purpose of Position:
Reports to the chief engineer but oversees the day-to-day work and training of the HVAC dept. in an assigned property. Responsible for repairing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and managing the computerized energy management system and associated subsystems. Responsibilities also include coordinating with the designated liaison on all current and future modifications to the EMS.
- Ensure the proficient operation and maintenance of all building controls and HVAC systems, ensuring all systems are maintained in first class condition.
- Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified HVAC staff
- Troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on EMS hardware and instrumentation
- Troubleshoot software program problems in the EMS
- Perform in-house training of personnel on operation of EMS systems
- Capable of making database changes; develop and install graphic screens to enhance operation and maintenance
- Provide and maintain back-up and history database files of the EMS
- Monitor operation, implement new ideas, and establish trends towards Energy Management
- Review and update alarm messages
- Pursue employee development objectives recommended by the portfolio manager
- Monitor maintenance schedules including preventive maintenance, demand, and tenant request work orders.
- Manage Angus Anywhere preventative maintenance, loss control and service call programs. Monitor and manage work productivity through service call and preventative maintenance call program reporting.
- Maintain and refine a documented preventative maintenance and service call program for all building systems.
- Building/energy management related input for annual operating budgets and 5-year capital plans for each asset.
- Review tenant and base building renovation/development plans and specifications, providing comments relating to design problems or conflicts to existing building systems or structures.
- Responsible for the overall direction, setting priorities and coordination of HVAC engineering staff at assigned site.
- Other duties as assigned, and needed at the assigned property
- Advocate the cooperation of all personnel to ensure the smooth operation of the entire department
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- A minimum of 10 years of operational experience required with 5 or more years of facilities experience in in a commercial Real Estate setting.
- Accredited technical school, military, or college certification in HVAC and/or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience required.
- Commonwealth of Mass. Refrigeration Technician License highly preferred.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Continuing education in field.
- Advanced working knowledge of Building Automation Systems, Microsoft Windows, Excel and Lotus Notes knowledge.
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, set priorities and motivate others.
- Familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFC and life safety codes.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
- Regularly use fingers to type or write as needed.
- Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision color vision and depth perception.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Internal and External Contacts:
- This position interacts extensively with tenants, vendors, and contractors, as well other employees within Boston Properties.
- Reports to the chief engineer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.