Salary is determined based on the level of degree and experience.
About New Mexico Military Institute:NMMI is a state-supported, co-educational college preparatory high school and junior college, complete with Junior and Senior ROTC programs. With a Corps of Cadets numbering up to 1000 young men and women, NMMI provides an accredited college preparatory curriculum on the high school level, and currently developing a new middle school.
Position: The Head of School of NMMI Intermediate Preparatory Academy (IPA), reports directly to the NMMI President/Superintendent. The founding Head of School will be entrusted with realizing the new school's mission: to provide an intermediate preparatory learning option based on the highest standards of an intensive, immersive, and diverse curriculum within a structured environment with personal attention toward the continued educational preparation and success of our youth during the most formative years of educational development resulting in motivation and love for learning. The salary for Head of School will be based on education and experience. This position starts as soon as the successful candidate is available or no later than June 1, 2023. The job description is available upon request.
· Serve as the trusted anchor for all constituencies of the new school.
· Be a champion of the school in admissions and in the Roswell and regional community.
· Lead hiring, setting of expectations, professional development, and review of all MS IPA faculty, in a manner consistent with NMMI policies and practices, including regular direct classroom observation.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Ability to communicate with and inspire confidence in the families of Roswell and southeastern New Mexico.
· Understanding and appreciation of military school culture and ability to speak about military values.
· Adoration of middle school students and their learning with demonstrated ability to elicit academic excellence from teachers and students.
· Enthusiasm, energy, and resourcefulness to lead all constituencies through the inevitable bumps of the launch years.
· Master’s degree.
· Five years experience as a middle school principal or equivalent.
· Administrative License or equivalent evidence of knowledge of middle school operations.
· Skilled communicator of programs, expectations, behavioral guidelines, community standards, and other information necessary for the engagement of all school constituencies.
· Skilled crisis manager, with a solutions-oriented and relational approach to problem-solving.
Why Should You Apply?
· Excellent comprehensive benefits through the State of New Mexico: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, sick leave, paid holidays, and much more.
· This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to lead the creation of a program that will be launched in phases, starting with “Phase 1”. The August 2023 “Phase 1” opening will invite a founding class of approximately 60 sixth-graders, with seventh and eighth grades being added in subsequent years, so that the school reaches a target capacity of 225 by August 2025.
How to Apply:Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter addressing their experience in relation to the qualities desired in an ideal candidate (refer to listed essential skills, 1-4 bullet points) Send application, resume, cover letter, 5 references letters, and transcripts to the NMMI HR Office located in Lusk Hall, 101 W College Blvd, Roswell, NM, 88201 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications are located at: https://www.nmmi.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/ NMMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.