Seacrest Country Day School is seeking a Kindergarten-2nd Grade educator who is experienced, collaborative, and passionate. This teacher will be able to foster a safe, nurturing environment for children in the absence of the homeroom teacher. Seacrest is committed to providing a learning community that is inclusive, and values kindness, respect, integrity, curiosity, and responsibility. This teacher will be responsible for leading a lower school classroom with creativity and joy.
• Instruct lessons, implement regular routines, and supervise all duties according to the classroom teacher's plans
• Implement instruction in the areas of: literacy, mathematics, and social studies
• Create an evolving learning environment that empowers students' curiosity, creativity and exploration
• Facilitate a collaborative, relationship-driven, learning environment where children learn along-side their teacher
• Create a nurturing and motivating learning environment for all children
• Partner with parents in communication and education
• Encourage children to learn through experience
• Embrace spontaneity, curiosity, flexibility and change
• Document student learning and growth throughout the school year
• Collaborate with Lower School faculty
• Support individual child growth and development
Common Qualification Requirements
• College degree(s) in Education, Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education
• Prefer at least 3 years of experience in a school setting, independent school a plus
• Energy and the desire to learn and explore with teachers and children
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and administration
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• A successful track record of working effectively with a wide range of constituencies including students, faculty, staff, and parents
• Willingness to learn and grow professionally
• Place teamwork and cohesive communication in high regard
Please submit your application using this portal only or by visiting Seacrest Country Day School Website https://www.seacrest.org/about/careers
• Fingerprinting and background checks are a required part of employment eligibility process.
Seacrest Country Day School fuels intellectual engagement,
teaches ownership of the educational experience,
cultivates quality of character,
and inspires students to lead lives of significance.
We are located in Naples, Florida. For more information on the school, visit our website at www.seacrest.org.