The Event Operations Graduate Student Assistant assists the full time event operations staff in all game/event operations
functions. The Event Operations Graduate Student Assistant contributes to the coordination of game/event operations
functions for all Athletic Events. Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Serve as Game Manager for assigned sports - 1 fall, 1 winter, and 1 spring sport.
• Assists with staffing plans and supervision of event staff members.
• Serves as visiting team and officials contact.
• Football Game Day
• Assists with the execution of all home football events
• Oversee Student gameday workers.
• Assist with the setup and break down of Memorial Stadium.
• Helps supervise transportation operations on football game days.
• Other Duties
• Produce and update various manuals for regular and post season play
• Oversees scheduling of event volunteer workers and operations student staff
• Assist in the set-up, break down for all home contests
• Serve as point of contact for selected external events
• Communicates with other athletic department units and assist with job tasks when able
• Maintains and inventories all department equipment
• Assists with daily general office work
•Ability to manage time and commit to all required office and event hours, while making school the priority.
•Must enroll in the Clemson Graduate School
•Excellent oral communication skills, written communication skills, and customer service skills
•Ability to multi-task, stay organized, keep up with high-energy, fast paced environment
•Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
•Event Management/Operations experience
•Ability to serve as a Graduate Assistant for two years
•Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
•Working knowledge of collegiate sports and NCAA guidelines
•Networking opportunities and interaction with department staff members
•Hands-on experience working in collegiate athletic event management
•A semester stipend
Steps to Apply:
1.FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AT CLEMSON ATHLETICS INTERSHIP HUB. APPLICANTS MUST ALSO APPLY WITH CLEMSON UNIVERSITY GRADUATE SCHOOL. IF SELECTED, THE ASSISTANTSHIP WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON ACCEPTANCE INTO A GRADUATE PROGRAM AT CLEMSON UNIVERSITY
2.ATTACH A COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO YOUR APPLICATION.
3.ASK AT LEAST ONE REFERENCE TO SUBMIT A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION ON YOUR BEHALF. THIS SHOULD BE SIGNED AND DATED.
**THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IS MAY 14TH AT 8PM*
DIRECTOR OF EVENTS/CHAMPIONSHIPS - CLEMSON ATHLETICS
•ONCE THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED, APPLICATIONS AND RESUMES WILL BE REVIEWED AND PHONE INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED WITH SELECTED APPLICANTS.
•IF NECESSARY, FINAL CANDIDATES MAY THEN BE ASKED TO ATTEND AN IN-PERSON INTERVIEW AT THE MCFADDEN ATHLETIC ADMINISTRATION BUILDING. THIS INTERVIEW MAY ALSO BE CONDUCTED VIA ZOOM, IF NEEDED.
•SELECTED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL.
• Ability to manage time and commit to all required office and event hours, while making school the priority.
• Must enroll in the Clemson Graduate School
• Bachelor Degree
• Excellent oral communication skills, written communication skills, and customer service skills
• Ability to multi-task, stay organized, keep up with high-energy, fast paced environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
One of the most productive public research universities in the nation, Clemson University attracts and unites students and faculty whose greatest desire is to make a difference in the lives of others. In 2021, Clemson was once again ranked as one of the top public universities in the country by U.S. News & World Report and has a long-standing reputation of dedication to teaching, research and service. Clemson was also named a top employer by Forbes in 2021. Clemson University is committed to embracing and promoting an inclusive environment for higher learning and has recently received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award (2021) from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine as well as one of only 14 schools to be named Diversity Champion, scoring in top tier of all HEED Award institutions.