General Maintenance Technician I
Job Description Summary
Responsible to assist with the operation troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on commercial buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, grounds, and maintenance equipment for assigned properties/facilities.
This position will be responsible for general maintenance tasks for a group of mobile maintenance customers within a geographical sector. This position will perform routine daily tasks including, but not limited to, maintaining physical upkeep of Lab and common spaces in a variety of spaces. Provide services including proactive maintenance, troubleshooting, moves and changes, assisting with HVAC, plumbing, electrical, reactive maintenance.
- Provide maintenance and repair of all building and site systems for any mobile maintenance customer. Building systems include HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, and fire protection.
- Ensure the proper installation, fabrication, construction, and repair or maintenance of complex mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Assist Maintenance Managers and/or perform the troubleshooting of building systems as needed.
- Contribute to the collective effort of maintaining exemplary operating and maintenance standards by communicating general property deficiencies to building staff, Property Managers, Director, Engineering, etc.
- Coordinate the day-to-day coverage of respective site/buildings to ensure proper coverage.
- Respond to after-hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather, power outage, and other related situations including clean-up activities.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of equipment being serviced and employ service procedures and techniques indicative of first class work. Follow procedures as outlined in the preventive maintenance program, loss control program, and safety program.
- Maintain a logbook on daily activities/events.
- Promote and contribute toward overall effort in maintaining a high standard in the operation and appearance of the building(s) and grounds as well as tenant relations through daily work practices.
- Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience as a General Maintenance or equivalent experience and responsibilities including working knowledge of commercial office building plumbing, electrical, fire, and various HVAC systems, as well as pneumatic, DDC and building automation control systems.
- Must hold a current state issued driver's license and maintain a good driving record
- .Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, tenants and vendors.
- Ability to work at various properties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities including those related to mechanical controls.
- Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools.
- Ability to work independently as well as a productive member of a team. Be able to coordinate projects or tasks efficiently and optimize the performance of others. Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary tenant relations and provide excellent customer service.
- Proficient computer skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communications and Building Automation Systems (when applicable).
- Ability to type or write as needed.
- Familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFC and Life Safety codes.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
- Regularly use various machinery and tools including, but not limited to, a snow blower.
- Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision color vision and depth perception.
- Will be required to operate a truck/vehicle or small tractor.
- Involves movement between locations, building and floors to facilitate work.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.