Location: Champaign, Illinois
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: AMLIN006032
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) Department's Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigations Supervisor must have a high-level of expertise in Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/AML compliance, AML investigations, economic sanctions, and other related financial crimes laws and regulations, directives, guidance, and best practices.
This Supervisor will oversee a team of AML analysts that review AML transaction monitoring system alerts, perform case investigations, file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), interact with law enforcement, respond to law enforcement/subpoena requests, and other related activities. This Supervisor will also assist in maintaining an effective AML transaction monitoring system, including assisting the Systems and Analytics team with regular scenario tuning and development projects, and assist with other projects such as the enterprise-wide BSA/AML and OFAC risk assessment and implementation of AML/Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) National Priorities (i.e., AML Act of 2020) monitoring.
Finally, this Supervisor must have a risk-based and innovative mindset, while also having the ability to work collaboratively with other FCRM Department managers and team members to influence change.
- Lead and develop a high functioning AML investigations team
- Develop and enhance processes, procedures and controls for alert review, case investigations, SAR filing and other related tasks
- When needed, perform alert reviews, conduct complex case investigations, and prepare SARs
- Ensure alerts, cases, and SARs have sufficient quality and information, are completed timely, and proper feedback/training is provided to staff
- Interact and work closely with lines of business including discussing potentially suspicious activity, exiting customer relationships, requesting customer information, etc.
- Maintain Key Risk and Performance Indicators to monitor effectiveness and efficiency of AML investigations to proactively identify key risks
- Monitor and stay current with BSA/AML and OFAC regulatory, industry developments, and best practices
- Assist or lead projects related to the enhancement of the Bank's FCRM Program, particularly those focused on suspicious activity detection and investigation
- Partner with the Fraud team to help strengthen the Bank's Financial Crimes program
- Regular reporting (written and verbal) to senior management in a clear, concise manner, when applicable
- Manage and develop team members' skills and technical expertise to meet oncoming risks and business changes
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Federal Regulations, specifically regulations implemented and enforced by FinCEN and the federal functional regulators
- Experience managing people and complex projects
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Be highly skilled in having difficult discussions with bankers/LOBs regarding suspicious activity and customer relationship status
- Attend compliance related meetings with business partners at the various bank regions, as applicable, in relation to the Regulatory Compliance Program
- This position requires the ability to assess BSA/AML and OFAC risk in current and new bank initiatives while providing easy to understand guidance to business staff and senior management
WHY IT MATTERS
With recent changes to the BSA/AML regulatory space through passage of the AML Act of 2020, strong employees with a mindset that is risk-based and innovative are in need more than ever. Development of an AML investigations team is critical for the FCRM Department. Having a risk-based and innovative FCRM Program gives Busey a competitive advantage over its competitors, while also playing an important role in protecting the bank and financial industry from criminals. In today's regulatory environment, identifying and mitigating financial crimes risk before it becomes a bigger issue, not only protects income, it builds up Busey's reputation with its customers. A strong reputation leads to customer retention and new customer acquisition. You will also be a partner to Busey's business lines and key to their success and the success of Busey.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Graduate degree preferred (MBA, J.D.)
- Minimum 5 years of BSA/AML experience, 3+ years focused on AML detection and investigations within financial services is required. A combination of this experience, alongside Enhance Due Diligence reviews, BSA/AML and OFAC risk management and governance, QC/Quality Assurance, Internal Audit, or other similar experience, is preferred
- It is preferred that AML investigations experience include implementing and maintaining an AML investigation program including, developing and/or enhancing investigation procedures, processes, and guides, developing a team (e.g., hiring, onboarding, training, career development), liaison with law enforcement and lines of business, etc.
- Professional certification (e.g., CAMS, CFE, etc.) preferred
Standards of Performance:
- Customer Service - Adheres to The Busey Promise service standards and executed through Busey's vision of Service Excellence in order to anticipate and exceed the needs of our customers, both internal and external.
- Ethics/Integrity - Respects and maintains confidentiality; unwaveringly consistent and principled.
- Strategic Thinker - Focused on a holistic, futuristic perspective to enhance synergies in support of stated business performance objectives. Innovative and creative yet anticipates the broader implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for contingencies.
- Analytical Skills - Brings high-level quantitative and analytical skills to perform model validations and effectively challenge model owners. Problem Solving Skills - Commits to action, even in uncertain situations, by making sound and timely decisions necessary to maintain forward progress. A natural self-starter with persistence, initiative and a high-energy level work ethic.
- Fostering Innovation - Develops, sponsors, or supports the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Change Management - Champions and creates followership for change, and effectively navigates through uncertainty and difficult transitions.
- Planning and Organizing - Developing, implementing, evaluating, and adjusting plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources.
- Effective Communication - Communicating ideas and information verbally and in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact.
Remote Eligible In: Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin
Busey believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Equal Opportunity Employment is a priority for Busey and all qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, military status, veterans status, citizenship status, disability, order of protection or any other characteristic protected by applicable law or other non-merit based factors.