ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic leadership and direction on assigned projects, identify risk components and recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop, maintain, and implement project management and coordination processes, procedures, and documentation for budget and execution of Energy Management projects and programs.
- Provide documented scope, schedule, deliverables, resource needs, and budget estimates for each project assigned.
- Support the development of project contracts or agreements and assure compliance to the terms and conditions through the entire lifecycle of the project and contract.
- Provide periodic progress reports to management including project milestones, scope changes, budget analysis, and schedules updates, as well as suggest needed actions to remedy problems and support the successful completion of the project.
- Initiate capital and O&M budgets and monitor projects costs and expenditures.
- Responsible for developing and evaluating RFP's for software and services related to projects.
- Work with Tri-State contracts group to implement and manage contracts for software and services.
- Responsible for communicating with all project stakeholders and participants providing timely responses to information and documentation needs.
- Provides Project Management data to capital cost data base for use in preparing detailed project estimates, variance reporting, and budgets.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures and attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of regulations, laws, standards, and best practices applicable to functional area.
- Interface and communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary groups within Tri-State including Planning and Analytics, Energy Application Services, and Generation.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and presentations for personnel and leadership.
- business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Coordinate the efforts across multiple groups both internal and external to Energy Management to complete projects and other work.
- Must complete required Learning Management System (LMS) coursework as assigned, particularly Standards of Conduct (SOC) and Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP).
- Must read, agree and execute acknowledgement of Tri-State's Risk Management Program and Energy Markets Code of Conduct along with adhering to other applicable policies, programs, guidelines or procedures that ensure compliance.
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning: ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scopes, plan and schedule work; set priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- Time management: ability to successfully plan and implement objectives within established timelines and work schedules.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop effective solutions at both strategic and functional levels.
- Commitment to company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player: accomplishes tasks by working with others and being a good team player. Recognizes how his/her decisions may impact others; seeks input from others.
- Computer proficiency in operating a personal computer and standard business office applications including Microsoft Office suite, databases, and other related applications.
- Proficiency in software applications including but not limited to Adapt2, PI, OATI.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction as a highly motivated self-starter.
- Knowledge of organized market fundamentals and operations.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, project management, or related discipline preferred, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge of electric power and natural gas fundamentals including basic understanding of risk management.
- Knowledge of wholesale power markets, utility operations, and market design.
- Knowledge of MS Project, Teams, SharePoint or other project management software applications.
- Working knowledge of database and spreadsheet software applications.
- Analytical capabilities with attention to detail.
- Independent learner with curiosity about energy markets, resource planning and related software systems.
- Ability to analyze complex regulatory, financial and technical information and to develop related solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications is desired.
- Eight (8) years or more of related experience, preferably in the electric power industry.
- Willingness to travel as required. (Must possess a valid driver's license.)
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Project engineer or project manager experience with software and organized market experience.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to sit for long periods of time, occasionally stand, walk, stoop, bend, and reach above and below shoulder level. Incumbent is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and hear.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to read, write, perform basic math, analyze data and reports, exercise judgment, develop plans, procedures and goals, and present information to others and work under pressure.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is occasionally exposed to dirt/dust, chemicals, confined areas and noise. Most duties are performed indoors and at a desk, operating office equipment.