Job Description Summary
Project Manager with Supervisory Role for Client
The open position is for a full time, salaried construction project manager with 5yrs or more experience in facility and/or construction projects. This includes new construction, tenant fit out, asset replacements, site and property maintenance, repairs and similar office, warehouses, property and distribution campus projects. The position would require work at the rate of (5) 8hr days. Office related work hours are primarily daytime hours, but planned and scheduled project supervision may occur on any day of the week, and at any hour of the day. The hours during these days are to be flexible so that the project manager can work around the client's production schedule and support whenever the project starts/stops.
The Project Manager will be expected to follow a documented process for estimating, planning and managing project work. The Project Manager will be expected to follow the clients documented safety procedures to ensure a safe and well managed project site. Ideal location would include the ability to travel from a "home position" location near Baltimore, MD, West Caldwell, NY, Newark, NJ or Foxborough, MA. The ideal candidate will need to confirm their ability to fly to locations in these regions for project work or be able to drive their personal vehicle or company compensated rental car in order to travel to close locations (within a 4-5hr driving range).
Location assignment would be to an office in one of these listed locations.
This position will primarily be expected to cover the East, and North regions, such as the locations listed- and if necessary, the South, and Midwest Regions when needed.
Compensation: $95,000-$105,000, based on experience.
Required Skills will include strengths in the following categories:
- Excellent Communication Skills with the ability to provide daily updates on work in progress.
- Highly disciplined self-starter, the ideal candidate will take complete ownership of their assigned project work and develop working relationships with the customer.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Pre-construction estimating and bid review processes.
- Project planning and scheduling (Microsoft Project)
- Training or prior certification in
- OSHA 30 training/certification
- Focused understanding of
- Job Safety Analysis - and ability to identify hazard potential of assigned projects.
- Introduction to and mastery of company related software such as:
- Daily Project Reporting in Auto Desk Build
- Daily JSA reviews with sub-contractors, safety personnel and project teams.
- Punchlist documentation in Auto Desk Build
- Use of the Client specific TERA application (training available)
- Ability to utilize mobile devices for project work and communication such as a mobile phones and mobile tablets.
- General mastery of computer application programs including:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Teams
- SmartSheet spreadsheet/forms
- Bluebeam or Adobe PDF readers and editors
- C&W Training in the use and execution of safety forms, orientations, practices and procedures such as:
- COHE - Control of Hazardous Energy
- Confined Space Entry
- Roof Access Safety
- Hot Work
- Fire Watch
- Impairment Reporting and Tagging
- Implementing a Method Of Procedure (MOP)
- Training will be provided and required for:
- Clients proprietary Safety Program, Orientation and Classes
- Skills of Project Supervision, including the execution of "Stop Work" authority
- Skills of Project Management, including the preparation of reports and document collection/filing.
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to converse with the clients site representatives
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to converse with site maintenance technicians
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to report all events and activities to the C&W Project Management Leadership Team.
- The ideal candidate would have a PMP or equal certification.
Activities will include:
- Direct contact with sub-contractors to explain projects, plans and schedules.
- Direct responsibility to solicit pricing from sub-contractors and prepare proposals for the clients use in their consideration of funding.
- Expected to follow a documented process for estimating, planning and managing project work.
- Onsite at the client site to supervise all sub-contractor work when it is occurring at the project site.
- Use their communication skills to present each project plan to a group of their peers for review prior to implementation.
- Expected to follow the clients documented safety procedures to ensure a safe and well managed project site.
- Supervise and manage the work of the sub-contractors in the client's facility or on the client's site at times acceptable to the client and associated with the planned project schedule.
- Utilize their authority at the site to appropriately protect the client's property and ensure the quality of the work of the sub-contractor, as the project work scope is accomplished.
- Maintain communication with the site stakeholders, and the C&W Project Leadership team.
- The Project Manager with their OSHA 30 credential will be granted all the appropriate C&W related credentials and authority to act as the designated safety representative for project execution.
- Complete all projects by obtaining all closeout documentation, invoicing and associated drawings, warranty and asset information.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.