Clemson Athletic Properties (CAPCO) is an in-house division of Clemson Athletics and the only Power 5 university in the country with this organizational structure. CAPCO’s mission is to engage national and regional brands in utilizing the Athletics and campus marketing portfolio, drive revenue for Clemson Athletics, and grow the business of the participating brands.
The Client Services Coordinator position within CAPCO is a critical position for the success of the organization. This position is ultimately responsible for the fulfillment and activation of all assigned accounts with a heavy emphasis on the customer experience and relationship building.
This position operates in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to execute the below-listed responsibilities with energy, enthusiasm – and, ideally, a great sense of humor. The ideal candidate is proactive and uses their strong communication and organizational skills to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
The role reports to the Associate Athletic Director for Corporate Partnerships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage contracted elements for assigned partners including keeping clients informed of all deadlines, specs and creative needs while keeping customer service as a top priority.
• Manage Inventory and assets including communication to sales team and other departments.
• Assist in managing financial reporting including timely communication to partners about invoicing and accounts payable.
• Utilize CRM system to ensure efficiencies in activating sponsor contracts.
• Assist in managing all aspects of Game Day including activation, hospitality and set-up and break-down for partner elements.
• Manage proof of performance for assigned partners including an end of year recap/summary.
• Manage Sales Opportunities as available.
• Oversee Intern Staff of six to eight student interns.
• Research and discover new opportunities for the partnership team including, but not limited to; conducting category and industry research, creating company profiles for prospecting potential partners, and researching and ideating new inventory, software, and tools for users to create added value for partners.
• Develop strategies with CAPCo and CUAD Analytics to provide key insights and support for the teams, including, but not limited to; fan and partner insights, KPIs for partners, pitch decks and recap reports.
Bachelor’s degree in business, sports management, communications or a related field.
• Prefer 2+ years in sales, sales operations, client services or similar role; sports or live event industry experience preferred.
• Ability to work effectively in team environment.
• Ability to combine strong sense of urgency while uncovering and fulfilling needs of internal stakeholders.
• Strong communication, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities;
• Fundamental knowledge of marketing and corporate partnerships.
• Strong understanding of business functions, legal, finance, and performance management principles, including experience in planning and budgeting.
• Ability to navigate a fast-paced environment, often under tight deadlines.
• Comfort working with a range of stakeholders and balancing their priorities.
• Strong computer skills with experience operating in an environment that employs a CRM system as well as the Microsoft Office suite.