The Maintenance Supervisor will be a member of the C&W facilities management team and will directly manage the Maintenance Technicians within the assigned Region. The Maintenance Supervisor will support the Sr. Facilities Manager and Facilities Managers in providing the clients with a reliable and functional physical office environment that supports the various objectives associated with our mission. Provide technical and supervisory role with hands on operational duties while driving self-performance.
The Maintenance Supervisor will maintain regular collaborative working relationships with their manager, employees and client.
* Provide hands on training and technical expertise to supervised staff for basic troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include doors, floors, plumbing systems, lighting, kitchen appliances and miscellaneous equipment, roofs, drains, shop, grounds equipment, and light commercial HVAC. Accountable for the training and development of maintenance work force.
* Directly supervise and give direction to the maintenance team. Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, painting, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and general facility maintenance issues.
* Respond to all emergency situations quickly (fire, evacuation, equipment, etc.) and client concerns - 24/7.
* Follow and enforce compliance with C&W and client policies, including but not limited to recruitment, termination, discipline and performance evaluations.
* Safety program administration: as directed and supported by the Sr. Facilities Manager and Facilities Manager, execute the corporate safety program to promote an injury free workplace.
* Vendor management and contract administration: to include development of scope of work, evaluation, selection, and inspection of work performed.
* Responsible for collection of necessary technical data and preparation of justifications to support budget approval for energy conservation measures, and deferred maintenance items.
* Support budgetary planning and control of expenditures.
* Follow and enforce methods and procedures for notification of work schedules to client. Coordinate department trades and functions to accomplish special and routine work activities.
* Develop, coordinate, and maintain an effective planned preventive maintenance program for both buildings systems, assets, fixtures, furniture and fittings.
* Ensure that maintenance work orders are completed and accurate; carry realistic priorities and proper approvals within the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
* Responsible for timely and accurate detailed work order data hygiene.
* Manage technicians' working schedules including PTO, Sick Days, Holiday Coverage, On-call Coverage, OT Schedules that align with client needs. Effectively manage OT and schedule with management sign-off.
* Scheduling the workload to meet work responsibilities efficiently and economically.
* Accountable for requisitioning, inventory control, and maintenance of facilities related equipment and supplies.
* Participate in all aspects of the facilities budget along with the Sr. Facilities Manager and Facilities Manager.
* Act as liaison with federal, state, and local agencies, contractors, and members of the client community on all technical matters affecting facilities management.
* Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agency, and company directives as relates to building operations.
* Implement maintenance best practices that deliver improved performance and cost savings; support and deliver standardized maintenance across the client portfolio.
* Effectively lead and participate in proactive maintenance and repairs by identifying and resolving facilities deficiencies before they are reported by the client. Promote a culture of find it first, fix it first.
* Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
* Interpersonal Skills
* Organization Skills
* Technical Proficiency
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
* 7+ years of related work experience in a commercial property setting or any similar combination of education or experience in the operation, installation and maintenance of building systems with in depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems.
* Trade school education preferred
* Experience supervising hourly employees in a property management, construction, or facilities environment.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
* Vocational/Technical training certificate
* Financial knowledge necessary for reading and understanding budgets, budget variances and basic reporting as required by management
* Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS) and fire alarm systems
* Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
* Working knowledge of all aspects of building systems and operations, contractual maintenance, construction and related services, and local laws and building codes pertaining to building operations and safety.
Cushman & Wakefield is committed to equity in employment and our goal is to have a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace. If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
Cushman & Wakefield is committed to equity in employment and our goal is to have a diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free workplace. If you are a person with a disability and need the job posting in an alternative format or any other accessible accommodations during the hiring process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.Cushman & Wakefield s'engage a respecter l'equite en matiere d'emploi. Notre objectif est d'offrir un milieu de travail diversifie, inclusif et exempt d'obstacles. Si vous etes une personne handicapee et que vous avez besoin de recevoir l'offre d'emploi dans un autre format ou d'acceder a toute autre mesure d'adaptation au cours du processus d'embauche, veuillez soumettre votre demande par courriel a email@example.com. Veuillez mentionner le titre de poste et le lieu de travail au moment de communiquer avec nous.
Work for the Best in the Industry - make your next move here!
Cushman & Wakefield is a leading global real estate services firm. As a leader in multifamily property management, we deliver exceptional value through tailored solutions that create efficient and engaging communities. Our passionate approach, strong operational practices and high-performing teams unlock every property’s ability to provide residents with a place they can truly call home.