The American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest professional Association of physicians and a non-profit organization. We are a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. ?
We continuously work to embed equity in our internal practices and are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff across all levels of the organization. We intentionally work to create the right conditions to enable our employees to feel that they can be their authentic selves and fully participate in the life of the enterprise. ?
We encourage and support professional development for our employees, and we are dedicated to social responsibility. We invite you to learn more about us and we look forward to getting to know you. ?
We have an opportunity for a remote Customer Service Rep III on our Marketing & Member Experience team. As a Customer Service Rep III, you will contribute to the development of an integrated sales and service center, which establishes and implements service standards yielding "unparalleled world class service". Place the AMA ahead of industry standards by all measures. Provide service to all constituents (member, potential member and nonphysician customer) while striving to deliver the highest quality service to members. Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of all constituents and their needs. Follow through on all service inquiries to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Consistently demonstrate high-level of professionalism in all interactions with internal and external constituents, colleagues, and management. Serve as a role model for AMA service culture. Follow USC service transaction model and service functions and take all steps necessary to assure accuracy and completeness of service inquiries.
Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of customer service and/or telemarketing experience strongly preferred.
Meet USC attendance and punctuality requirements.
Exhibit professional appearance and demeanor and serves as a role model for all AMA staff.
Experience with service center tools (e.g., telelphony, measurement, applications).
Advanced knowledge of AMA structure and organization, AMA periodicals, books, products, and basic CPT-IS, Physician Profile, Physician Select information is needed. Also needed is more advanced knowledge of current AMA physician advocacy issues) and of the AMA membership product.
Excellent oral communication skills and experience communicating with physicians in writing and by phone.
· Ability to effectively communicate in English
· Ability to receive and accurately understand information over the telephone and in writing
· Ability to take ownership and anticipate the customers need to enhance the customer experience
· Ability to elicit information from customers quickly and easily
· Ability to provide information to customers clearly and concisely
· Ability to react quickly, calmly, and with sound judgment to customer requests and complaints
· Ability to learn and effectively work with computerized systems and computers
· Ability to quickly learn and apply product and organizational information
· Ability to work effectively in a high volume, production oriented environment
· Ability to maintain accurate, organized information on customer service interactions
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other customer service staff and with other key staff throughout the AMA.
General Service Skills:
· Strong listening skills
· Strong oral communication skills
· Business writing communication skills
· Strong stress tolerance
· Well developed personal computer skills, including expertise with Microsoft suite of software
· Strong problem solving skills
· Strong sense of commitment and dedication to servicing members
· Strong interpersonal skills. Extraordinary customer service skills and ability to establish and maintain relationships with AMA constituencies and AMA staff
· Demonstrates high energy level, enthusiasm, patience, and positive attitude
· Strong analytical and decision-making skills
· Ability to multi-task in a high production business environment
· Ability to work individually and as a team member to solve problems
· Takes responsibility for service interactions, exercises independent judgment, and provides complete resolution
· Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy in all service transactions
· Ability to synthesize and apply new information quickly
· Ability to prioritize phone and other service interactions required
· Demonstrates dedication to achieving AMA service goals by establishing loyal relationships that exceed service expectations
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.?
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION
The American Medical Association is the premier national organization providing timely, essential resources to empower physicians, residents and medical students to succeed at every phase of their medical lives. Physicians have entrusted the AMA to advance the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health on behalf of patients for more than 175 years.
330 N Wabash, Suite 39300
Chicago, IL 60611